April 13, 2020
If you’re like so many other Western NY homeowners, you’ve probably been thinking about fun ways to transform your basement into a place of personal entertainment or relaxation. And while there’s no limit to how creative you can get when refinishing a basement, there are a number of important steps that need to be taken long before you start the remodeling process. It’s critically important to make sure that your floors, surfaces and foundation are in tip-top condition prior to construction, to ensure that you aren’t building over cracks or structural flaws that could end up costing you immensely in the future.
At EverDry Waterproofing, we go to great lengths to help homeowners enjoy the basement they’ve been dreaming of. If you’re in the process of planning a basement refinishing or remodeling project, here are a few of the fundamental actions that should be taken before you begin installation of walls, carpet, plumbing, electrical and custom features.
- Thorough cleaning of all floors, corners, flat surfaces, ceilings and crevices
- Inspection of foundation to verify structural integrity and moisture protection
- Repair of any foundation cracks, surface imperfections or mold formations
- Professional sealing and waterproofing application to prevent future problems
- Final cleaning, dust and debris removal to provide a clean workspace for your basement
- Schedule an inspection with a professional waterproofing expert prior to remodeling
To learn more about the importance of taking the proper steps prior to a basement refinishing project, or to schedule an onsite inspection of your foundation and structural features, get in touch with EverDry today. We can be reached by phone using the contact numbers below, or write to us via email by filling out our short contact form.
In Rochester, NY
In Buffalo, NY
In Syracuse, NY