October 21, 2021
Fall has officially arrived, and that means it’s time for homeowners throughout New York to start prepping their basement and lower levels for what could potentially be a very snowy winter. Whether you’re new to the area and living in a home you recently purchased, or a life-long resident who’s looking to keep everything nice and dry this winter, there are a few simple steps that can be taken to prevent water from building up around the perimeter of your house.
As one of the industry’s leading basement waterproofing companies, EverDry New York is committed to helping our friends and neighbors keep their basements dry throughout the long winter stretch. Here are some of the most important things to consider if you’re looking to protect your property from water build up and leaks.
- Inspect the walls of your foundation to identify any cracks, splits or damage
- Consider adding a drainage system to your home if you don’t already have one
- Clean your gutters and downspouts to ensure they’re free of any loose debris
- Check the integrity and condition of your basement’s windows and storm drains
- Have your land’s grade professionally inspected for slopes leading towards the house
- Contact an experienced basement waterproofing company for an expert inspection
With a little know-how and the expertise of a professional waterproofing company, ensuring a dry basement and lower level is something every homeowner can have confidence in. For more information on how to prevent leaks and water build up, or to schedule a free inspection at your residence, get in touch with the experts at EverDry NY today.
We have locations in Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse, and can be reached through our contact page or by calling any of the numbers below.